31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.1 Corinthian 10:31-32 NIV
What is the Homeschool Formal?
The Christian Homeschool Formal of Austin is an event designed to give homeschooled high school students a special formal evening of their own, where they can dine with friends and dance to wonderful music, creating memories to last a lifetime. Students have the opportunity to learn etiquette and social dancing, as well as meet new people within the greater Austin area homeschool community. Started in 2003, the Formal has grown from 40 to nearly 400 students and now takes place at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, located at the University of Texas Austin. It is well-chaperoned and conducive to students coming by themselves or with friends. This event is open only to local homeschooled students and their invited guests.
More information about formal registration can be found HERE.
Formal Eligibilities and Requirements
Attendees must be:
- 14 years old as of September 1, 2018 and not older than 19 years old as of April 26, 2019
- Homeschooled student or an invited date or guest by a homeschooling family (all non-homeschooled registrants will be reviewed on a case by case basis, admission is not guaranteed)
- Local to the Austin area, so that they may attend all required dance classes
- All formal attendees are required to take group dance lessons before the actual event.
- Attendees are expected to dance with the partner that is assigned on his/her dance card for each assigned dance.
- All attendees, parents, and guardians must agree and adhere to Christian Homeschool Formal Statement of Faith, Code of Conduct and Etiquette Policies.