Evening Gown Guidelines
- No plunging necklines that show cleavage.
- No bare or sheer backs below a normal bra-line.
- A short dress may not be more than two inches above YOUR knee. Similarly, a long dress may not have a slit that extends more than two inches above YOUR knee.
- No front or side cut-outs or sheer panels. A single cut-out in the back below the bra line is permitted as long as it is not wider than your hand.
- Strapless gowns are permitted as long they stay in place.
- Two-piece gowns are permitted as long as your midriff does not show with your arms raised above your head.
- No slip dresses. The fabric must have some weight and structure.
- No long trains that will drag on the floor.
- Proper undergarments must be worn and must not show.
If your dress is observed to be in violation of our dress code, we will contact your parents to bring appropriate coverup clothing before you are allowed into the ballroom.
As always, if you have any concerns about a particular evening gown, please feel free to use our contact form HERE. We would much rather address potential issues with your gown before the event than at the event.
I Timothy 2:9-10 says, “Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.”
One of the distinctive features of the Christian Homeschool Formal is our high standard of conduct and dress. Our history shows that this brings out the very best in our students and fosters an environment of respect.