2020 Waitlist Signups:
Priority Waitlist Opens
Monday, January 27 at 6am
General Waitlist Opens
Monday, February 3 at 6am
*All signups received earlier than the assigned date for their grade level will be cancelled automatically
The 2020 registration fee is $90.00 per attendee and includes sales tax, dinner and dessert. A discount parking voucher will be available for purchase on the night of the formal at the check-in stations.
Dance lessons are mandatory for all Formal attendees, and tuition is $65* for regular lessons. Those who qualify for the Senior Refresher may choose this option for $25.
Your $90 registration fee must be PAID IN FULL within 48 hours of being removed from the waitlist in order to confirm your seat at the formal. If payment is not received, you will be returned to the bottom of the waitlist.
Dance lesson tuition can be paid separately from the registration fee but must be paid in full to confirm your seat at your preferred dance class day/time. We will admit students in each class on “first come first serve” basis.
Attendees must be:
- 14 years old as of September 1, 2019 and not older than 19 years old as of April 24, 2020
- Homeschooled students or an invited date or guest of a homeschooling family (all non-homeschooled registrants will be reviewed on a case by case basis, admission is not guaranteed)
- Local to the Austin area, so that they may attend all required dance classes
- All formal attendees are required to take FIVE group dance lessons before the formal, no exceptions. If you missed a lesson, you are required to make-up the lesson in one of the flex classes.
- Attendees are expected to dance with the partner that is assigned on his/her dance card for each assigned dance.
- All attendees, parents, and guardians must agree and adhere to Christian Homeschool Formal Statement of Faith, Code of Conduct and Etiquette Policies.
What You Need to Know Before Registering:
The Christian Homeschool Formal uses an online registration program powered by Active.com. If you have used the Active.com platform in the past for other activities, you will NOT use the same login information for the Formal. You will use a unique account for the Christian Homeschool Formal of Austin. Make sure your Active.com Formal account is linked to an email address you check regularly, as this is the way we will communicate all important information related to the Formal. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your waitlist status immediately after signing up, please check your SPAM or Junk Mail folder!
Please make sure that all information on your Formal registration form is current and up-to-date. Some web browsers may auto-fill your form with last year’s information, so make sure it is still correct before submitting.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
All cancellations before March 1 will be assessed a 50% cancellation fee.No refunds will be made on or after March 1.
Each year there is a waitlist of students turned away from the Christian Homeschool Formal, because interest in this event exceeds our capacity. To be fair to all students, it is important that those who register for the event are committed to attending. Many of our costs for this large event are incurred early in the season, and so our ability to refund payments is limited
Requesting to Sit with Friends
On the registration form, you may enter up to three friends you would like to be seated with during dinner. We will guaranteed that you will sit with at least ONE of your friends from the list. If you are attending with a date, your date will be seated with you. Deadline to edit friend preferences is April 1.
Bringing a Date
First, please know that the formal is structured in such a way that bringing a date is not necessary for having a fun evening. You will have multiple opportunities to ask a certain person to dance, even if he or she does not appear on your dance card. You and your friend may also request each other as your first seating choice without being registered as dates. If you would like to invite a date, we recommend that you do so in a timely manner. Please know that this event fills quickly. Once capacity has been reach, we cannot add additional students, even if they want to register as a date.
However, please remember that students with dates will still receive dance cards and are required to dance with all their assigned partners on the designated dances. Dates will be guaranteed to sit together at dinner and will be assigned more than one dance together on their dance card. They can also dance together for all free dances, which comprise about half of the dances during the evening.
- Students who are 16 years old on the day of Formal are permitted to register with a date. Students under 16 years of age may NOT register as a date, even if they are asked by an older student.
- Parents are required during registration to give permission for their student to attend as a date if he or she is under 18. Parents of both students must give their approval in order for a couple to be registered as a date.
- Deadline for making changes is April 1.
Deadline for making changes is April 1.
You may use the “My Account” button at the top menu to access your Formal account. You may also use “My Account” to submit payment for the formal, pay for dance classes, or change any information on your form, such as adding a date, or updating contact information, special dietary needs, seating preferences, etc.